The Five Vital Venues are:
1. Self – (where most of the self-help [or shelf-help] industry spends its time!) this is anything to do with self-improvement, spiritual and emotional maturity, personal habits, health & wellness, personal spending, etc…
2. Relationships – the dynamics of relationships, communication, and all that goes into having loving, open and thriving relationships falls into this venue
3. Home - this venue is all about where you call home and all that happens there: Your family life, the spirit of your home, the look and feel of your home, the peace of your home. This venue is so important! If your home life is not right, meaning it doesn’t nourish and sustain you, it would be impossible to maintain a successful life on the outside. People do it, but that’s not success.
4. Work/Business – This venue is about the workplace and all that goes on there: Your career advancement or ability to grow your business. For many people this venue is most of their life and all other venues are ignored. Most imbalances come from this venue getting too much of your available time and energy. But also, many of what goes on in this venue is like a rat in a maze (hence the term rat race.) People are very busy but because of bad or ineffective habits, their work is not as fruitful as it could be or as they need it to be. Powerful success habits are needed to work smarter.
5. Community/Place of Worship (POW) – For life to be truly balanced it has to have a ‘reach out’ component. It can’t be all about you, your home, your family and the business. Giving something back to the community is crucial. Service is actually one of the essential habits of success and prosperity. Fellowshipping with fellow POW members, with neighbors and the business community is a vital part of success. And not just for the socializing piece either. We have to be part of or lead programs that help other people who are not as fortunate as we are. We all live in a community and we have a responsibility to be a player, active in some aspect of that community’s well being. Being on the sidelines is not an option.
Action Suggestion: Review these 5 vital venues and decide which venue you will concentrate on. A quick assessment will help. On a scale of 1-10 where would you rate your success in each venue? How happy are you with how life is in each venue? The one with the lowest rating might be a good place to start
Core Mindset: Forgiveness.
This is huge! I used to think of forgiveness as one of the essential habits or skills of success, of life in general….but I had to pull it out and give it a special place in the conceptual framework of my offerings.
Forgiveness is a required and core mindset for success. You have to live so you are free to create, to produce and to receive the blessings of your magnificent purpose. The only way to do this is with a forgiving mindset and heart. Extra baggage as you travel through life sabotages any chance of sustained joy, peace and prosperity.
On a daily basis, releasing all anxiety and fear clears your mind and opens your heart for life to come in. Living and working with an expectation to forgive and even more so, with a mindset to be less and less offended by what life brings and what people do, THAT is having a forgiveness mindset.
More articles at HowDoIForgive.com